Jello shots for Mardi Gras that taste like King cake!
1 3-ounce box grape jello
1 3-ounce box lemon jello
1 3-ounce box lime jello
3 packets unflavored gelatin
1 can (14oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1 ½ cups vanilla, cake, or whipped flavored vodka
1 ½ cups triple sec
Can of white frosting
Edible gold glitter sprinkles
- Lightly coat a 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray; then using a paper towel, wipe out the dish. It will leave a light residue to help unmold the shots, but won’t affect the taste.
- For the purple layer, sprinkle a packet of gelatin over ¼ cup of water. Let it soak a minute or two. Add one box of purple jello, along with 1 cup boiling water. Add 1/3 can of sweetened condensed milk to your jello mixture. Stir until everything has dissolved. Add ½ cup vodka and ½ cup schnapps. Repeat the same process to make the green and yellow layers.
- Pour half of the purple mixture into the prepared pan. Place pan in refrigerator to set, about 20 minutes or so. Once set, add half of the cooled yellow mixture to the top of the purple mixture. Return to fridge to set for another 20 minutes. Repeat with half of the cooled green mixture. Chill for 20, then repeat yellow, then purple, and finally green. Cover with plastic wrap and allow finished pan to chill another 2-3 hours, or overnight.
- To serve, gently pull the edges away from the pan, and invert onto a cutting board. Slice into even squares. Place squares on a serving tray or in cute cupcake liners. Finish each cut square with a squirt of frosting from a piping bag (or a plastic bag with one of the corners snipped). Don’t forget the gold sprinkles!
- If you chill a layer more than 20 minutes or it is no longer tacky, the layers may not stick together.